It was a sad Monday morning when news broke out that long time English running fansite, Tibiacity.org, has officially closed its doors. One of the longest running fansites, added to the supported fansite programme on September 29th, 2006, Tibiacity officially said goodbye. "Tibiacity.org is fun to visit for all English speaking players. The site stands out for its countless gimmicks, an impressive library and a great story section," was the announcement officially introducing Tibiacity to the community. "Tibiacity was originally a guild site which evolved a lot and eventually became one of the most popular English fansites," stated Fox Mc Cloud, founder and administrator of Tibiacity. We at TibiaNews are deeply saddened by this news, but wish all of the luck and staff of Tibiacity a great future, and invite them to join TibiaNews if they'd like to continue their journey in the fansite programme. We tip our hats and raise our glasses to you all. Good luck!
Discuss this shortnews on our forum!
Recent activity by CipSoft's automatic ban system proves to lash out to every player in the worlds of Tibia who use unofficial software to play. Several servers are known to suffer from the loss of high leveled players, many of whom were among the leading guilds. Fact remains that using unofficial software will result in the deletion of the players account, however thus far it has not stopped everyone from cheating. The past few days several players have reported that they lost all their accounts at once. According to CipSoft members the automatic ban system gets improved at all times and is helped enormously by players reporting botters/cheaters in game using the report function.
Although it is yet uncertain how long this battle between good and evil will continue, progress has been made and Cipsoft is most certainly on the right path. Your TibiaNews reporters will be following the events with great interest.
It's time for a contest over here at TibiaNews! And just like any contest, we are inviting ALL players to join in! Do you have a story that will scare the pants off one of us at the TibiaNews headquarters, or a nice general story in the Halloween spirit? If so, this contest is for you! Check out the full contest rules and be sure to submit your entry no later than October 29th to win some cool prizes, including a golden newspaper, a stuffed toad, and a nightmare doll! Check it out now! Good luck!
Just a friendly reminder to make sure you check us out on other social networks, especially for the upcoming contests we have this year! We will post exclusive content for our followers on Facebook, Twitter, and tumblr. We have a new social media coordinator who will be staying in touch with each and every one of you who tweet, post on our Facebook, or our Tumblr! The feed from our tumblr is also available on our Twitter page! Show us some love and follow us AND like us today. :)
It's time for a bit of a spooky story over in Refugia! Gaby-chan has started a contest for players to write a story of at least 500 words, then post a screenshot (a scenery) of them acting it out! With some pretty awesome prizes and a great theme for the month of October, who could resist? Check out all the details and join in on the fun, here! Good luck!
On Sep 18, we released the second part of this year's summer update. What do you think about it? We invite you to elaborate on your opinion in the poll thread in the Auditorium! Be sure to vote and make your voice heard in this week's poll, here!
With the server save, a couple of content fixes were implemented. Additionally, we adjusted three specific world changes in response to player feedback we received.
- Adjustments of Their Master's Voice:
From now on, characters who have removed 25 slime fungi or more will lose their right to face the Mad Mage once the mage has been killed, even if they have not participated in the fight. So if the world change starts anew, their slime counter will be reset to zero. The slime counter will not be reset for characters who have not yet removed enough slime to face the Mad Mage. Moreover, the whole world change will start anew if the Mad Mage does not get killed within two hours after the entire area has been cleaned from slime.
- Adjustments of The Mage's Tower:
In order to weaken the Energised Raging Mage, 2000 Yielothax need to be killed now. To be able to take part in the fight against the Raging Mage, a character has to kill 250 Yielothax from now on. Another Dimension will now collapse 5 minutes after the Raging Mage has been killed. Furthermore, the world change will now start once a day as opposed to once every two days, and it will take place at a random time after server save.
- Adjustments of The Mummy's Curse:
Horestis now spawns in a separate room. Only those who destroyed a canopic jar can face Horestis in his crypt as long as the bone wall in his tomb is gone. The right to fight against Horestis will not expire as long as you do not face him in his crypt. Moreover, you can fight Horestis once for each canopic jar you manage to destroy. Since more players can now face Horestis while his crypt is accessible, the drop chance of his rare loot has been reduced accordingly except for the scorpion sceptre which is still a guaranteed drop.
- The Spirit Grounds mini world change is now announced correctly on the world board in the Adventurers' Guild.
- We fixed an issue that prevented shadow pupils, blood hands, and blood pupils from counting towards the necromancer killing task of Lugri.
- In "What a foolish quest", Bozo now also accepts a box of cream pies if it has been transported via the Gnomish Crystal Teleport System.
- We addressed an issue that led to an unintended re-spawn of the Pale Count after he was killed.
- We fixed a small inconsistency with the Repenters task "Cultivated Magic" that made it possible to repeat the task 20 hours after it had been accepted. Like all other Repenters tasks, it can now be repeated 20 hours after it has been completed.
- An issue was fixed that allowed free account players to enter the Spike and the Spirit Grounds although these hunting grounds are premium areas.
- Kalvin now mentions the cave explorer outfit. Also, missing highlights for outfit keywords were added.
- We addressed a rare issue where the teleport to the warzone boss Deathstrike could be blocked by a humorless fungus.
- A few map bugs and typos were fixed. Also, we fixed a couple of minor issues on the Island of Destiny.